It doesn’t matter if you’re remodeling your home or bringing up some DIY glass cabinet door project, if you have the right guide, you’re good to go! Adding glass to cabinet doors might take some time but it adds worth to the entire decor. You may keep on counting the number of benefits that glass kitchen cabinets present to you, but they aren’t gonna end! We’ll confer those points, too! Alright, here you’re gonna get all the necessary details regarding how to put glass in cabinet doors, just stick around and read the blog till the end!
Table of Contents
- Glass Cabinet Creates Perfect Blend with Traditional Wooden Interior
- What Kind Of Glass Should You Put In Cabinet Doors?
- Cabinet Glass Styling Options:
- How To Install Glass Panel in Cabinet Doors?
- Bottom Line!
Glass Cabinet Creates Perfect Blend with Traditional Wooden Interior
If you’re thinking of switching to a wood door but are confused, is a cabinet with a glass door worth it? So yes it is, a wooden cabinet door may blend perfectly with the traditional interior decoration themes but there are a lot of other luxury-style options for contemporary-style cabinet doors. One of them is- The Glass! If you decide to swap your wooden cabinet door with a glass door, you will be benefited from advantages like;
- The glass door reflects maximum light, resulting in increasing the overall brightness of the space.
- By adding glass to cabinet doors, you can add value to decor and property’s sale value.
- Installing opaque glass to cabinet doors helps in hiding the inside mess and enhances privacy.
- It creates an illusion of depth and spaciousness.
- The transparent glass cabinet doors create an awesome interior elegance that adds to contemporary interior aesthetics.
What Kind Of Glass Should You Put In Cabinet Doors?
Well, for completion of a modern DIY glass cabinet doors project, first you need to choose the perfect glass type among an array of options. Here are the 2 best choices;
Tempered Glass Panes – For Added Strength
We all know that nothing can be someone’s priority when it comes to toughened glass types, except- Tempered glass. It’s 4 times stronger than a normal glass sheet and if it shatters upon harsh hits, it breaks and falls into small granular pieces, which aren’t harmful! A bit expensive yet worth it!
Plexiglass – The Clearer Glass-plastic Sheet!
Plexiglass does provide enhanced safety but it’s way lighter than tempered glass sheet, and it’s much easier to employ. Just make sure to choose the acrylic pieces conscientiously to avoid visual deformity. Another way to go for plexiglass for cabinet doors is that it’s much more affordable than tempered glass.
Cabinet Glass Styling Options:
Premade Glass – Hassle-free Opt!
If you don’t want to invest your time and money in any new experience or thinking about some unique style, check out our extensive range of Cabinet Glass choices. Opt from our premade cabinet glass panes for added benefits!
Custom Glass – Get Your Dream Glass!
Do you have your own glass style in mind? Don’t take up too much hassle! Click here to submit your requirements for a Custom Cut Cabinet Glass Sheet to meet your decor standards.
How To Install Glass Panel in Cabinet Doors?
In order to get your query, ‘How to Install glass in cabinet doors’, sorted out, let’s walk through this installation procedure to make things happen.
- Drill machine
- Router Bit
- Utility knife
- Glass sheet (Accurately measured)
- Glass clips
- Paint Color
Adding DIY Glass Cabinet Doors – Steps:
- Firstly, unscrew the doors from the entire cabinet, one by one, or the targeted ones.
- Now place the newly cut glass sheet in the center of the wooden door, and mark the area by using a pencil and a ruler, where you want to add a glass door, so it would be easy to cut the cabinet door and make space for a glass pane.
- By using a router, cut the marked area and shape it to make it look like a professional cut. Make sure you have selected a bit that has a top bearing.
- You can attach the interior rim of the cabinet door of your choice.
- Screw it to the frame, and apply some caulk to hide the tiny holes.
- Now, simply buff off the dusty particles and paint the entire wooden part with a paint color of your choice.
- Slightly put the glass pane in the frame from the back side and apply caulk all around the corners, so it sticks to the door frame firmly.
- Let it dry for 40-45 minutes.
- Hang the door back to the cabinets and fasten the screws.
Hoping that this guide would be helpful in DIY installing glass cabinet doors at home. There isn’t a risk, instead, you should take up this project as fun, and save the expense of new cabinets or labor costs!