A visit to the bakery is not only a treat for the taste buds but also a feat for the eyes. Nicely arranged bread, rolls, buns, bagels, and other delicacies instantly grab the eye of the onlooker. The delicate placement and use of the right lighting and accessories greatly contribute to the customers’ purchasing impulse.
Nothing tempts a customer’s appetite more than seeing the scrumptious delicacies displayed in a tasteful manner. This shows that the right display case for food is the most important element of a bakeshop. Food display cases are not only used to display food items but they also preserve the food products and boost sales. Let’s explore more bakery display cases.
Table of Contents
- Pros Of Using Bakery Display Cases
- Things To Consider For Making A Dry Bakery Display Case
- Bakery Display Cases Options
- How to make a DIY Bakery Display Case?
- Final Words
Pros Of Using Bakery Display Cases
Whether you manage a cafeteria, airport food service outlet, bakery, deli, or a café, food display cases are the main feature of your business. Here are some of the reasons why you should make it a point to set up the best display cases for food.
- The display cases also double as refrigerators. Most bakery items are made from dairy products that need to be stored in a cooler area, so display refrigerators maintain a perfect temperature for cakes, cupcakes, brownies, cookies, etc.
- The display counters prevent the bakery items from coming in contact with dirt, bacteria, and germs. Thus creating a more hygienic and healthier environment for food display. It also prevents the food from getting moldy.
- The food is kept fresh for a longer period of time by maintaining an optimum temperature for storage.
- Aesthetic lighting is used in the display counters that make the food items more appealing. It also creates an upscale ambiance.
- With movable trays and shelves, the display counters are made to ensure ease of access. It is easier to arrange the food and pick or remove the items.
Things To Consider For Making A Dry Bakery Display Case
A bakery display stand enables you to present the bakery items tastefully. You can get the premade display case for food or build one on your own. Whether you plan on buying a display case or choose to DIY, here are some things that you should consider.
1. Display Case Style
Display cases for food come in different styles. However, curved and straight display cases are the two main contenders. The curved glass counter has a curved shape and adds a modern look to the shop. Straight display cases on the other hand are timeless classics. They offer maximum aesthetic and practical value. You can choose the counter style based on your shop interior. However, straight display cases are a safe and all-inclusive option.
2. Size Of The Counter
There are a number of factors that determine the right size for a display case. The amount of food you need to display, how long it will last, and the size of your shop are some of the elements that impact the size of the display case you should select. For a lesser floor space, you can choose taller cases. However, if you have enough shop area, then go for wider and smaller display cases.
3. No of Shelves Inside The Case
Glass shelves are installed in most display cases to keep things clean, transparent, and shiny. The counters can have a single shelf or multi-tiered shelving system. Your business requirements define the right shelving system for your bakery.
4. Counter Lighting
The lighting impacts the display aesthetics a lot. Different types of lighting fixtures are used in different food display cases. Some lighting is used to accentuate particular products or colors while others are integrated to illuminate the bakery items. You can control how delicious the products appear to clients by managing the right lighting. Display counters come with adjustable LED lighting so you can create the perfect lighting for your product display.
5. Additional Features
You can also consider some additional features like heating and refrigeration systems according to your requirements. Look for display cases that offer all the required features.
Bakery Display Cases Options
Food display cases are quite versatile. With the rise of the baking industry, there has been a surge in the demand for food display cases. The display counters are available in a variety of options. Here are the most common display options for your bakeshop.
1. Small Plexiglass Case
For a small-scale bakery, small acrylic bakery display cases are perfect. Plexiglass cases are highly transparent and offer impact resistance. Sliding glass doors are typically installed in this design to offer a complete enclosure. They are a sturdy and practical option for your bakery business.
2. Large Tempered Glass Case
If you want relatively larger display cases, tempered glass counters are a suitable option. The huge size is supported by tempered glass to ensure maximum strength and safety. Toughened glass counters lend a sleek and contemporary look to the bakery.
3. Mixed Glass Cases
Some display cases incorporate glass as well as acrylic for different components. The countertop and interior shelves are made of tempered glass while the side walls and doors have acrylic in their construction. This combination of glass and plexiglass offers maximum strength, durability, and practical value.
How to make a DIY Bakery Display Case?
The best thing about display cases is that you can make them on your own. Just a little help and a basic skill set would equip you with all that you need to create your very own food display cases. We will discuss the DIY method for a plexiglass case because it is easier than handling glass.
A DIY display case for food would add a hint of your creativity and personal style to the interior. Thus driving more customers to visit your bakeshop. Here is how you can do it.
Tools & Materials Needed
- Plexiglass sheets
- Band or circular saw
- Methylene chloride
Steps to Make a Display Case for Bakery Food
Here is the simplest way of making a bakery display counter.
- First of all, determine the size of the food case. The measurements of your shop. Measure the dimensions of the area where you want to put the case. Also, factor in the quantity of food you want to display.
- Once you have an idea of the case size, mark the plexiglass sheets for four sides and a countertop and cut them using a bandsaw.
- Take the sandpaper and smooth the edges of the plexiglass sheets.
- Now align the four sides together and set the countertop on top for reference. First, put two sides together and seal them using methylene chloride. Continue the process for all four sides and then fix the last sheet on top.
- Measure the base area and mark the wooden piece accordingly. Cut the wooden piece according to the size of the counter base and fix the wooden base.
- Now fix the display dishes inside your DIY display case and present your creativity.
- You can buy custom-cut plexiglass to avoid the hassle of cutting it yourself.
- Be very careful with handling bandsaws if you cut the acrylic glass sheets at home.
- This DIY method is applicable for a very basic level display case. For a finer and more proper look, it’s better to opt for pre-made display counters.
You know you have succeeded as a baker if you have a long line of customers waiting outside the bakery door after smelling your freshly baked delicacies. The aroma of the food does the primary work of bringing the customer to your door and the aura of your bakery interior would do the rest.
If your bakery atmosphere is hygienic, nice, and pleasant, the customers would surely come back. Display cases are the core of the bakeshops. They influence the purchasing impulse by enhancing the food’s lusciousness by up to 60 percent. Leverage this whooping figure, invest in premium food display cases, and maximize your bakery business.